Happy to announce that I completed the muslin for my Couture Dress!
I want a fitted silhouette for this dress so I initially traced my muslin in a size 10 and stitched it together. After my first fitting, I found the size 10 fit my hips and waist correctly. However it was boxy in the bodice. I could literally pinch two inches from the center front of the bodice. I also found that a sway back adjustment was needed. I ripped the bodice from the skirt and midriff band. I then traced the bodice in a size 6 grading to a size 10 at the waistline. I adjusted for my sway back then I restitched the bodice to the skirt and midriff band.
At the second fitting, "wham" a great fit occurred! Willie was home at the second fitting and he commented that the hem of the skirt was level all round. He knows I hate it when my skirt heights up in the back! (LOL)
Next I will prepare the muslin to use as a pattern for my underlining! Chat later.