If you want to make a crocheted sweater that fits, you have to get cozy with your measurements.
Don't procrastinate on this very important step! Buy a flexible tape measure and call a friend to help, it will be easier and your measurements will be more accurate.
Here is a little chart of the measurements your will need:
1. Bustline width:
2. Shoulder width:
3. Neck width:
4. Waist width:
5. Hip width:
6. Armhole depth:
7. Neckline depth:
8. Shoulder slope:
9. Length from armhole to bottom:
10. Length from armhole to waist:
11. Length from waist to hip:
12. Wrist width:
13. Bicep width:
14. Sleeve length from armhole to bottom:
15. Back length:
16. Back width, bra strap to bra strap:
17. Back width, armpit to armpit:
Compare your body measurements to those of the crocheted sweater's schematics. Make note of any adjustments you may need to make and you are on your way to creating a sweater that fits. Happy stitching.