Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Happy Wristlet Purse!

Project Details
This little project is found in the book Signature Styles: 20 Stitchers Craft Their Look by Jenny Doh.


Project
Pattern – Happy Wristlet Purse by Heather Bailey

Fabric – Quilting Cotton: 1/2 yard Glittered Brown, Teal and White Flower Print Fabric.

Notions: – Medium-weight, iron-on Interfacing, Fleece Interfacing, Extra-heavy-weight interfacing,Thread, One 1-inch metal D-ring, 12 inch Zipper, Lining


Notes
A very simple project.  Making the wristlet handle and attaching it to the metal D-ring and then to the purse was fun.  I was puzzled for a while on how to attach the lining to the purse.  Then I finally mastered the process of sewing the lining to the top of the purse along the zipper attachment seam!  I brought ready-make teal grosgrain ribbon bows from Micheal’s to attach to my purse.

Conclusion
This cute little purse will become one of my signature accessories!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a very useful sort of bag - I love the idea of the wristlet handle - that way you can more easily hold onto the bag, which is not a bad idea. I like clutches, but the lack of strap always put me off them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute..i like that..very simple.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please do not comment anonymously. If you don't have a Google ID, you can simply enter your name or any nickname you like under the Name/URL option. (Entering a URL is optional.) Thank you for taking time to follow my blog!