Saturday, May 31, 2014

2014 Version Classic Sewstylish Dress

Project Details
Sewstylish Simplicity 3867 is my favorite sewing pattern!  This week I pulled this pattern from my stash to make a sundress.  I have made this dress before but I literally wore it to it fell apart, seriously!  You can view the prior dress by clicking here.  Anyway, here is my 2014 version of the Classic Sewstylish.


Pattern
Sewstylish Simplicity 3867 (Out-of-Print)

Fabric
Lilac and red floral with a touch of apricot batiste from Mood Fabrics

Notions
One 20-22” invisible zipper, hook and eye, lightweight interfacing, lining

Description
Misses, easy fitting basic sundress

Pattern Sizing:
Size H 5,6,8,10,12,14; I cut a size 8, View A



Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done?
Yes, it looked like the pattern photo.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The instructions were very easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love this dress pattern because it flatters my “pear shape” figure.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I altered the skirt length by 3 inches.



Would you made it again?
Oh yes, I will make it again!

Would you recommend it to others?
This pattern is out-of-print but if you can find it I highly recommend that you buy it.

Conclusion:
Do you have a favorite sewing pattern? Tell me about it in the comment box below!

12 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

That is a really beautiful dress and print.

Regina Gee said...

Thank you, Faye.

Robin said...

Lovely dress and fabric. It really fits you. Nice work Regina.

Regina Gee said...

Thank you, Robin.

Diana said...

This is so pretty and suits you so well!

Regina Gee said...

Thank you, Diana,

Vickie said...

Love the dress with the bow in front if I'm correct. Love the afro sis.

Terri Berry said...

This is cute Regina Gee! I like the other one too! I love the full skirt, the neckline and the tie...and the fabric? Perfect! I imagine you will get much wear out of this one too! I too am lovin' the fro!

Regina Gee said...

Thank you, Terri Berry.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Such a pretty dress!

Regina Gee said...

Thank you, Carolyn.

Charlene said...

This dress is so cute on you!