Thursday, May 29, 2014

Crocheted Wine Bottle Bag

Project Details
I have found the months of May and June to be a gift-giving season due to graduations, weddings and surprisingly retirements. This gift idea was brought to my attention by my husband, Willie. He found a picture of it on the Internet and asked that I made one for his boss who is retiring this month. The gift idea was a crocheted wine bottle bag which of course included a nice bottle of wine!


Project
Pattern – Dressed-Up Wine Bottle designed by Carol Wolf, free pattern from her blog Wolf Crochet.

Yarn – Simply Soft, Caron Yarns: 100% Acrylic, Medium Weight Yarn 4, 315 yd/288 m, Color: White, 1 Skein.

Notions – N/A

Hooks – Size H/8 (5 mm)

Finished Size – Length of bottle to neck.

Notes
The wine bottle bag is crocheted using the following stitches: double crochet, single crochet and slip stitch. This project took me about an hour to make!

Conclusion
I was at the retirement party of Willie's boss when he received this gift. He and his wife stated that they loved the gift and will always remember Willie and me when they reuse the wine bottle bag!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

That's nice!

Charlene said...

I love this its so cute!!