Sunday, June 15, 2014

The 2014 Crocheted Yoke Dress

Project Details
The most viewed post on my blog is the Crocheted Yoke Dress.  Well, I was thinking when an item is that well liked by the public why not make another?  After all it has been 3 years since you made the first two.  Yes, I also made one for my daughter, Jocasta's Crocheted Yoke Dress. Anyway, here is the third version,The 2014 Crocheted Yoke Dress:


Project
Yoke Pattern - Nell from Berroco Yarns.

Skirt Pattern -  Simplicity 3867

Yarn – Simply Soft Light, Caron Yarns: 100% Acrylic, Light Weight Yarn 3, 330 yds/301 m, Color: White, 1 Skein (Joann's)

Fabric – 2 yards Floral Polyester Silky (Joann's)

Notions – 14” zipper. Hook and eye

Hooks – Size E/4 (3.50 mm)

Finished Size – Yoke: Bust (32”)

Notes
This is my third time posting this dress!  But here are some new notes for this version:

This time I did not line the yoke.  At my age,I find nylon lining, under acrylic crocheted fabric, to warm to wear in the heat of the summer.  I find it cooler to wear with a skin-tone strapless bra under the yoke.

I used the skirt pattern pieces from the Classic Sewstylish Dress, Simplicity 3867, to make the skirt for this dress.  Using the skirt pattern aided in achieving a more attractive fit then just simply cutting two pieces of fabric and gathering at waist and attaching it to the yoke!  

I placed a zipper at the side seam of this dress since the yoke was crocheted with side seams.  The zipper makes it easier to slide in and out of the dress.

Conclusion
I will enjoy wearing the latest version of the Crocheted Yoke Dress.

9 comments:

It's Melanie Darling said...

Awesome Regina. I have not crocheted in awhile but this gives me life. Loving the natural.

Regina Gee said...

Thank you, Melanie.

Diana said...

Oh I love, love it You look so wonderful in this creation! No wonder your first version was so well liked!

Regina Gee said...

Thank you, Diana.

Vickie said...

You look ready for the summer! Love it.

Terri Berry said...

So perhaps I should learn how to crochet? This dress (along with the other two)are just too cute. I love the mixture of textures. Nice!

GreTee Warren said...

Loving this dress, Cuz. You know that I knit all the time and other crafty things, but seeing your sewing projects has inspired me to sew. I have a Brother SE400 that I have used a few times, but lately I have been using it more. I have recently sewn my first reversible tote bag and last night, I finished my first machine quilt for a twin size bed. I think I may have another hobby. Thank you for the inspiration. Still loving your blog. :)

Happy Crafting

Regina Gee said...

Thank you Terri Berri and Cuz. Cuz I want to see your quilt!

GreTee Warren said...

Hey Regina, you can see my quilt on one of my Pinterest pages...I Made This. I was going to post it with my comment, but didn't know if could. I'm starting on my second one now. Let me know what you think, whenever you get to view it.