Friday, June 6, 2014

There's Bugs On The Table Table-Topper!

Project Details
My boss, Pam, displays a little pinwheel table-topper on a table in her office. Whenever I enter her office those little pinwheels have always caught my eye and my heart.  I have fallen in love with those pinwheels and was driven to learn how to make them!  So, I got online and purchased a “Lil' Twister” tool from CS Designs to make my own little pinwheel table-topper.  Here is my There's Bugs on the Table Table-Topper!


See the little snails, bees and butterflies! 

Materials
Lil' Twister Tool
24 5-inch fabric squares sewn together in 6 rows across by 4 rows down
1/3 yd fabric for 3 inch border around the sewn blocks for Step 1
½ yd fabric for 3 inch border around the sewn pinwheels for Step 2
½ yd fabric for binding, 1 yd fabric for backing, 1 yd batting

Method
Making this table-topper is a 2-step process.

STEP 1 - I sewed the 5 inch squares together in the row pattern as indicated. After rows are sewn, I attached the 3 inch border.  I pressed the entire piece during the process using Mary Ellen's Best Press spray starch.  Next, I followed the cutting instructions  provided with the Lil' Twister tool!

STEP 2 - Now believe it or not, after cutting, I now had little pinwheel blocks to arrange and sew together to create my topper.  After pinwheel blocks were sewn, I attached another 3 inch border.  Again I pressed throughout.  Then I attached batting and backing finishing with a binding to the edges.

Conclusion
I love these bugs on my table!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

This is so cute sister needs two in black and gray for her side tables!

Vickie said...

Wow! You go ahead Martha Stewart!